25 June 2010

Success... ish

Every morning I go down to the greenhouse before I go to work to see how everyone has done overnight. They get watered in the evening so the morning is just a social visit. Yesterday I was delighted to see that my biggest tomato plant has had babies.

Tiny tomatoes are appearing although I'm not sure whether they are Harbinger or Italian plum. Being a newbie to this growing lark I forgot to label them and they got mixed up when I planted them out.

Tumbling Tom is also starting to fruit and I can't wait to eat my first home grown tomato.

My outdoor courgettes however have been less successful. One has died completely and the other is looking a bit yellow. I'm determined to save him and I've started feeding him every other day in the hope of putting some life back into him.

Lastly, here's my first cucumber.

OK, so he's only an inch long but I've told him that great things are expected of him. I'll be down there tonight with my tape measure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Followers

About Me

Forty something future eccentric. Novice beekeeper. Owned by cats. Loves frogs and pottering around the garden. Grows own food. Can be bought with chocolate.

Search This Blog