5 July 2010

Monsters in my garden

Cor, just call me Hugh Fearlessly-Eatsitall. My garden is like being in River Cottage, apart from it not being a cottage and there isn't a river.

How about this for a first crop from the bounties of my garden - courgette, french beans, some lovely salad leaves, a whole mountain of peas and one of the largest radishes I've ever seen. (The courgette was lovely, by the way. I had it for my tea last night.)

Take a look at that bad boy. Five inches long! It was a veritable giant amongst radishes and tasted darned good on my salad this lunch time. The others had nothing to be ashamed of but were dwarfed next their enormous brother.

My last picking of the day was these lovely blackcurrants. They are now living in the freezer until I have enough to jam.

The next bush along is covered with white currants but I have no idea if they are ripe or not. Anyone have a clue?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Followers

About Me

Forty something future eccentric. Novice beekeeper. Owned by cats. Loves frogs and pottering around the garden. Grows own food. Can be bought with chocolate.

Search This Blog