9 May 2011

Rain

Whilst it might have been a lovely April (and May so far has not been so shabby either) it has also been incredibly dry. Last week the Met Office stated that April was the warmest on record and also one of the dryest with average rainfall in the UK at 52% of the average.

My three water butts were getting very low and a couple of times I'm afraid that I had to resort to the hose pipe. Although tap water seems plentiful, especially when it has been raining, it is full of chemicals and I would much rather feed my plants and veg on rain water.

I am delighted to report however that it is raining! And although I am in Liverpool City Centre at the moment earning my daily crust, it is hopefully also raining on my garden, a mere eight miles away on the Wirral.

In fact, the more rain the better. I have watched the levels on both ponds drop alarmingly the last few weeks so I am keeping my fingers crossed for more downpours.

Rain, rain, rain!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Followers

About Me

Forty something future eccentric. Novice beekeeper. Owned by cats. Loves frogs and pottering around the garden. Grows own food. Can be bought with chocolate.

Search This Blog