11 June 2010

Crowding and more things beginning with 'over'

It occurred to me last night that my greenhouse was becoming a bit full. When everything was small there was plenty of room but all of a sudden things have begun to grow and now I find myself stepping inside over large pots of blossoming Tumbling Tom tomatoes.

The only solution seems to be that some of the chaps will have to live outside. I asked Heather about this at the bus stop this morning and she smiled knowingly, quite aware that my enthusiasm for the new greenhouse would result in me overcrowding it. It appears that I am not the first!

The pumpkins, butternut squashes and cucumbers will be fine outside, as will the sweetcorn. That will leave the greenhouse for my chillies and the thirteen or so tomato plants that are currently vying for space.

I can highly recommend having a horticulturally trained friend although it's nice to know that I'm not the first to make mistakes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Followers

About Me

Forty something future eccentric. Novice beekeeper. Owned by cats. Loves frogs and pottering around the garden. Grows own food. Can be bought with chocolate.

Search This Blog