4 February 2011

I just couldn't help it

All right, you don't have to tell me, I know it's too early to be planting seeds yet but I really needed to see something growing again.

I am not a winter person. I can live with the cold and the wet and the frost but what I really hate is the dark. Somewhere between my twenties and the old fart I am now I became a creature of light and winter is a torturous event to be endured but never appreciated.

Usually by February I am getting desperate for light and those little teasing hints of a lighter sky when I leave work do not help. It's not enough. By a long shot.

So, just because I could I put some herbs to grow in a couple of pretty little strawberry type pots and put them in the front window by the radiator.


And look what has appeared! Tiny basil seedlings have poked their heads up and have been joined by one lone coriander.

There is no sign yet of the parsley and thyme but even those few signs of life are enough to brighten my spirits.

Not much, I know, but it feels wonderful to be growing something again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Followers

About Me

Forty something future eccentric. Novice beekeeper. Owned by cats. Loves frogs and pottering around the garden. Grows own food. Can be bought with chocolate.

Search This Blog